Hello, lovlies! Today is the very first day of autumn, and that is why today’s blog is “Fall Must Haves 2012”. Don’t you just love fall? Fall is so fabulous…
“Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” I just love clothes, especially vintage ones! Oh, and I absolutely adore Mark Twain! His writing style is so marvelous, and he was such an adorable little old man! If I had a time machine, I would definitely visit and chat with him for hours.
It is that time a year again. Labor Day has come and gone, and fall is quickly approaching. Oh my goodness, whatever shall we wear to be fall fabulous? No worries, darlings! The VIP is here to deliver all the “how to wear” and tips you need to fall in love with fall.
VIP Tips For Falling in Love With Fall:
- Hello, Blazers!: My favorite thing about blazers is that they are so easy, peasy-lemon, squeezy to find. Blazers are always a fall must have because they can be worn in a variety of ways! Be “job interview ready” by pairing a blazer with vintage, pleated trousers, a colorful silk top, and colorblock pumps for a professional and fashionable look. Be “weekend ready” by combining dark-washed denim jeans and a colorful boyfriend or oversized blazer with a graphic tee or flirty top and add ballet flats for a comfy, yet adorable outfit! Comfort does not equal unfashionable or tacky!
- “Printy” Pant Princess: Be a “printy” pant princess this fall! (Why, yes, I did just create the word “printy”-one day, I shall write a VIP dictionary…) Pick up a pair of floral, animal print, or polka dot jeans for a fun way to fall in love with fall! Wear wild printed pants with oversized sweatshirts, sneakers, and lots of “arm candy” for a fabulous outfit that is keeping it real while keeping it comfortable! Dress up printed jeans by combining a frilly blouse with a blazer, and adding a ravishing pair of colorful t-strap heels and a chunky necklace. Play around with patterns to find your own VIP look!
- Mrs. Burgundy: “Burgundy- A fall runway favorite: this rich, intense color is as sexy as red, yet as versatile and chic as basic black,” says the September 2012 issue of “InStyle” magazine. We may not be walking the runways, but we can rock burgundy like supermodels at work or play this season by pairing this divine hue with colors such as sky blue, forest green, peony pink, or peach. When deciding what shoes and accessories to wear with a burgundy ensemble, remember that gold enhances the warm undertones of burgundy. So, strap on shimmery, gold stilettos and toss on lots of glitzy, gold accessories to make bystanders fall in love with your fall look!
- Shoe Addict: Hi, my name is Abby, and I’m a shoe addict. This season I am struggling to stay on budget. It has seriously come down to A.) buy those darling colorblock wedges or B.) buy gas for the Bug. Indeed, I am carpooling with friends and riding my bike-but oh, how splendid my shoe collection is! The VIP loves colorblock wedges, Chelsea boots, vibrant t-straps, cap-toe flats, boots (over the knee and leather), menswear pumps, cut-out metallic heels, and slippers (like Tom’s) for fall.
- Vest Perfection: “Safe and stogy? No way. With smart styling, this piece will actually add just the right amount of flair,” says August 2012 issue of “InStyle” Magazine. Vests are the perfect layering piece for every fashionista’s fall closet. A vest can be paired with trousers or shorts for a preppy look, cigarette jeans for an edgy look, and a skirt or strapless maxidress for a flirty look!
- Let’s hear it for the boys!: Two words, boys. Leather Jackets. A fall must have for men is definitely a leather jacket! It can give off a laid back vibe when combined with a graphic t-shirt, faded, distressed jeans, and loafers. For a sexier statement, wear a white button-down, black tie, pastel hue sweater, dark jeans with a leather bomber jacket. Trust me guys; wear a leather jacket. You will have the girls screaming, “Let’s hear it for the boys”!
I could go on and on about all the wonderful fall must haves, but I really must get to peddling; however, before ride off into the sunset, I shall conclude with a quote from Clinton Kelly of TLC’s television series “What-Not-To-Wear”. “Sometimes comfort doesn’t matter. When a shoe is freaking fabulous, it may be worth a subsequent day of misery. Soak in Epsom salt and take comfort in the fact that you’re better than everyone else.”