“Everybody’s doing a brand new dance, now. Come on baby, do the loco-motion. I know you’ll get to like it, if you give it a chance, now. Come on baby, do the loco-motion. My little baby sister can do it with me. It’s easier than learning your ABC’s, so come on, come on, do the loco-motion with me!” What a mega classic! I can remember dancing around in my Barbie pajamas as I sang the “Locomotion” by Little Eva! Speaking of locomotion, according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, “Locomotion is the act or power of moving from place to place.” That definition fits us busy fashionistas perfectly. It is important to have a key piece in our wardrobe that can take us anywhere in a snap because of our full schedules! My top locomotion pick for this season is a fabulous raspberry pink sweater skirt. By changing up and layering, I was able to create two stellar looks-one for work and one for play.
Blouse: The Attic
An outfit perfect for play and totally pretty in pink is a vintage high-collared button up and a darling raspberry hue sweater-knit skirt paired with neutral tone suspenders and retro style sneakers. So fabulous and comfortable, this ensemble works great for looking absolutely ravishing on a quick coffee run, movies with friends, or a day of antiquing!
Sporting an adorable animal motif sweater with a precious pink vintage high collared blouse and a sweater skirt is a marvelous way to look professional, yet fun at the same time! Pair this spectacular ensemble with classic black, closed-toe stilettos and BAM! There you have it! You are ready to go from a day at the office to dinner in a instant!
VIP Tips on Work to Play:
- Purr-fect Sweaters: Animal-motif sweaters are huge right now! “…Pair your sweater with tailored separates in luxe fabrics, such as brocade, leather, or menswear tweed. To add a grown-up edge, opt for suede platforms or booties with a high heel,” says InStyle Magazine, August 2012 issue.
- Playful Hemline!: Find a playful hemline skirt that flatters your figure. When in doubt, choose an A-line skirt! “An A-line is universally flattering,” says Glamour magazine.
- Super Suspenders!: Suspenders to the rescue! Add a throw-back vibe to any skirt or pants outfit with suspenders! Neutral colored suspenders play well with preppy skirts, Bermuda shorts, or slightly relaxed boy-friend jeans for a picture-perfect ensemble. Dare to wear black suspenders with trousers and graphic tees for a funky casual look.
- Statement Piece Magic!: Brooches, chunky bracelets, and unique necklaces are magical for all ensembles! Play up a boring blouse with a gorgeous statement necklace, a business blazer with a lovely brooch, and a flowy dress with bedazzled arm candy! You can easily take any outfit from work to play with the right accessories.
- Let’s Hear it for the Boys!: For work-wear, a patterned shawl cardigan worn with a solid hue long sleeve button up underneath and paired with flat front chinos gives a comfy, yet professional vibe. For play, wear that snazzy patterned shawl cardigan with a graphic band tee and light wash jeans. This outfit is a terrific for a night out with the boys.
Don’t forget to like me on Facebook to keep up with the latest VIP news, sneak peeks, and giveaways! www.facebook.com/vintageinspiredpassionista