Kevin Walker is a freelance portrait and fashion photographer based in Birmingham, AL. Photography is his calling, his passion, and the thing that will most likely drive him insane someday. Nature is his preferred background, and the sun is his preferred light source. Whether it’s a magazine cover or a Facebook profile photo, Kevin is ready to create outstanding visuals for you.
How did you become interested in photography?
I didn’t set out to become a photographer–it kind of just fell into my lap. I am usually not a very talkative person, and one day I realized that one click of the shutter button could allow me to tell an entire story without even opening my mouth. I was sold after that.
How long have you been in photography?
I’ve been in photography for as long as I can remember, but I didn’t consider myself a “photographer” until about six years ago.
List 5 of the coolest things, events, or people you have photographed.
These are in no particular order, but they encompass almost every emotion I’ve had as a photographer.
1. I was able to capture a few shots of Michael Jordan at Barber Motorsports Park a few years ago while he was watching his racing team compete.
2. I was fortunate enough to be one of the few photographers who were allowed to shoot at the Maxwell concert in Birmingham, AL.
3. Being a huge reggae fan it was pretty awesome to go on the Bob Marley tour in St. Ann, Jamaica. I was able to walk through the very same house that Bob lived in as a young child.
4. The aftermath of the Alabama tornados in April of 2011 was one of the most humbling things that I’ve ever shot.
5. The birth of my son was the most special event that I’ve photographed to date.
When you are not working and running your photography business, what do you enjoy doing?
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my wife and son, traveling, riding motorcycles, and playing the keyboard.
What is the best way for people to get in contact with you for a photo session?
I can be reached at email@example.com or at (205) 202-1677.
Like Kevin Walker on Facebook to see even more of Kevin’s terrific photography skills! https://www.facebook.com/kwalkerphotography
Now, without further ado, enjoy some of the spectacular photos Kevin Walker took of the VIP! Visit the VIP Facebook page to see all of the amazing pictures! www.facebook.com/vintageinspiredpassionista
2 thoughts on “VIP Interview: Photo Shoot with Photographer Kevin Walker”
Great photo shoot! I especially love the Blue Line bus stop shots!
Thanks so much Stephanie! Kevin did a fabulous job!