IMG_2019

Hello, hello, hello, fabulouses! I am embracing my inner 90’s child on the blog today with my crazy obsession with overalls. Is the obsession merely a flashback to when my mom would dress me in anything and all things denim, or is it because of the excessive amount of Third Eye Blind I have been listening to lately….hmm…As I ponder this thought and hunt down the baby pictures of me in my kickin’ overall shorts, y’all enjoy this week’s fabulous Weekly Whistle!

IMG_2020 IMG_2022 IMG_2023 IMG_2025 IMG_2027 IMG_2024 IMG_2029 IMG_2030 IMG_2035

Overalls: Thrifted and DIYed

Leotard: American Apparel (Atlanta, GA)

Shoes: Gus Mayer (Birmingham, AL)

Sunglasses: Ray Ban, Sunglasses Hut (Birmingham, AL)

Watch: Fossil

IMG_2039 IMG_2046 IMG_2038 IMG_2050

No…I have had no luck in finding the baby pictures of my rockin’ overalls like a true 90s kid…but I SHALL FIND THOSE PICTURES! *thrusts fist into the air*

Now, I am going to go snack on delicious Swedish Fish and flip through scrapbooks in search of the overall shorts baby pictures…they have to be somewhere…Where is momma to find you something when you need it….”MOM! CAN YOU COME HELP ME…”

IMG_2033

Stay Fabulous,

Abby Hathorn

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Weekly Whistle: Overly with Obsessed Overalls

1. Those look really sweet! (Huge fan of overalls. :)

1. Abby Hathorn says:

Thank you so much:) Overalls are awesome!

2. Sorry to leave two comments, but did you do that “splotchy” effect yourself? If so, how? It looks really neat; I might want to try it on a pair at some point. Thanks!

1. Abby Hathorn says:

No problem! I did create the splotchy look to the overalls myself–it was not that hard actually!

I diluted a half cup of bleach with a half cup of water, took a craft foam brush dipped in the solution and “painted” it lightly over the areas I wanted to bleach. Next, I took a bath cloth and rubbed it over the bleached area–this is the key to creating the splotchy look to denim.

It was my pleasure to share! Glad you enjoyed my DIY overalls!

Stay Fabulous,
      Abby

2. Abby Hathorn says:

I also dripped bleach onto the overalls with Q-tips to create small splotches…time consuming…but it works well!

3. aproperfool says:

I just bought that leotard, as well! Can’t wait to wear it! Nice work with the overalls. :)

1. Abby Hathorn says:

Awesome! That leotard is fabulous! Thank you for the comment, darling:)

4. Chalek11 says:

Cute outfit, sexy leotard! You look sweet!