Hello, fabulouses, and welcome back to VIP Home. Today, I am going to chat about the madness of renovation and what I learned from it…
I gained some pretty useful knowledge from the total home renovation that my family and I endured together, and I could not be more thankful for the journey. It was tough–I am not going to lie. Lots of boo boos and sleepless nights…phew, I am getting exhausted just thinking about it. Now, before you get inspired by Pinterest to totally redo everything in your house, read the VIP tips below and prepare yourself for the challenge…
1. Do not expect to cook a five course meal while living in renovation unless your five course meal is chicken nuggets, potato chips, cheese sticks, Cosmic brownies, and leftovers from Logan’s Roadhouse.
2. “We’ll be done next week,” really means “We’ll be done next month.”
3. Prepare to live out of boxes and suitcases for a while because there is no sense in unpacking when sheetrock dust is going to get on everything. Yuck.
4. Buy lots of ban-aids ahead of time. You never know when you might get a boo boo.
5. Even though the renovation may be super stressful…it is worth it in the end. Don’t give up when you get bad news or when things do not go exactly as planned, take a deep breath and continue. Carpe Diem *fist in the air*
Now that I have reminisced and cried a little bit about the time I got my leg stuck in the wall–that’s a story for another day–let me take you on a little picture journey of the before, during, and after of my bed and bath :)
Stay tuned to VIP Home next week for more stories of the renovation…maybe just maybe I will tell y’all the story of when I got my leg stuck in the wall *wink*