Hello, fabulouses, and welcome back to the blog!
This week on Beauty Tues, I am going to share the fabulous curly hair tips that Angela Watson of Angela Watson Salon gave the VIP at the grand opening of Salon Suites! Now, let’s not lollygag and chit chat–let’s get down to the curly hair talk!
“I fought my curly hair for a long time because I wanted to look like everyone else. Then, I realized that not everyone had curly hair, and I was lucky enough to have something different. So, I learned how to embrace it. I figured out ways to tame the frizz, I figured out which styling products worked best for me because all curly hair is different, and I also figured out different ways to curl my hair–taking my hair from super curly to messy beach waves,” explains independent salon owner Angela Watson. “I love working with curls and showing clients how to love their curls because having them is a blessing!”
Now, without further ado…I present Angela Watson’s curly hair tips! Whoo hoo!
- No Touchy!: “If you have time in your busy schedule, let your curls air-dry because the heat from blow dryers can sometimes create more frizz, which none of us want! If you need to blow dry your hair, use a warm or cool setting with a diffuser to cut down on the frizz.”
- Do Not Upset the Frizz: “When it comes to taming frizz, do not continue to scrunch or run your fingers through the curls because this can create more frizz.”
- Shower Application: “If you use a cream hair product, begin application in the shower when your hair is dripping wet. Start by flipping your hair over and scrunching with your cream product. This jump starts the setting process of your curls.”
- Let’s Get to the Root of the Problem: “When I talk to clients with curly hair, many of them explain how their hair has too much weight/volume at the bottom, but not enough at the roots making their hair look like a Christmas tree. An easy way to reverse this is to take metal hair clips, pull locks of hair up from the root, and clip the roots in place. (See photo above.) It might look a little funny while your curls set, but this is a lifesaver for all lengths of curly hair–especially long curly hair.”
- Find Your Curl Mate: “All curls are different, and that is why there are so many different curling products out there–it is important to find a product that works best for you. I use a curling cream, but that does not mean a curling cream works best for everyone. With a variety of creams, mousses, gels, and sprays, everyone with curly hair is sure to find a product that works perfect for them.”
Connect with Angela Watson Salon and book an appointment today!
Contact: (205) 335-1270
Be sure to come back next week for an awesome Beauty Tues featuring independent salon owner Devon Watson! Yay!