Hello, fabulouses, and welcome to this week’s Beauty Tues!
Summer is here, and with it comes hot and humid weather…which is, of course, not suitable for the usual dark eye shadows and heavy makeup. So…what do we girls do? We love wearing makeup and feeling pretty no matter the season! Oh, ladies, take a deep breath! It is all going to be okay because I have 5 easy steps + products to make fresh and simple makeup looks a breeze!
Now, let’s take a look at what we will need to get started…
What you will need:
Keep scrolling to see the products I use to complete this look. P.S. I love them!
- Pale pink eye shadow (shimmer is optional)
- Grey eyeliner (light brown also works well–but
- Basic black mascara (light/relaxed hold–this is NOT the time to use a super-mega, lash-boosting mascara)
- Peach blush (peach-toned blushes with a combined bronzer gives cheeks a sun-kissed feel)
- Light pink or nude lipstick (look for lipsticks or glosses that have a bit of shine)
Products I use:
- Color Design by Lancome in Off The Rack Metallic (light pink)
- Kohl Eye Pencil by Laura Mercier in Stormy Grey
- Le 2 de Guerlain Mascara by Guerlain in Noir 10 (black)
- Blush Subtil (delicate oil-free powder blush) by Lancome in Blushing Tresor
- Creamy Lip Color by Bobbi Brown in Uber Pink
The 5 Steps to achieve this look + application details:
One thing I love about this look is that it is not only perfect for summer and campus in the fall, but it is also fabulous for pre-teens and makeup newbies!
*Apply foundation or tinted moisturizer as normal*
*For tips on finding your perfect foundation color + nifty tricks on how to apply and hide blemishes, check out the VIP video here*
- Apply pale pink eye shadow all over each lid with a large shadow brush. (I recommend Lancome’s “All Over Shadow” brush here)
- Line each top eyelid with light grey eyeliner just enough to define the shape of the eyes. An easy trick to mastering subtle eyeliner is to take your time and follow as close to the upper lash line as possible.
- Lightly coat lashes with black mascara and use an eyelash curler–if desired.
- Dust the apples of your cheeks (make a fishy face…there ya’ go…now, see those pretty apples *wink*) with peach, bronzer-infused blush with a medium-sized “fluffy” brush or blush brush. (I recommend this one from Sephora.) After applying color to the apples of the cheeks, lightly blend the color along the cheekbone to achieve a sun-kissed look. *NOTE: The key to blush is starting light with color and working up to the desired depth of hue.
- Apply light pink/nude lipstick as normal and add a sparkling or clear gloss for more shimmer.
Did you find this beauty blog helpful? If so, what did you love the most about it? Shoot the VIP an email here–we would love to hear from you! Also, if you need or want to see a specific beauty look/tutorial on the blog, email the VIP team your ideas!, too!