Hello, fabulouses, and welcome back to the blog!
This week on Weekly Whistle, I want to talk about two of my favorite things–William Blake and handmade…and what happens when the two collide! Oh, beautiful things happen…beautiful things! *wink*
Recently, I had my friend Lisa Hamilton of Beadsoul create me a one-of-a-kind leather + copper cuff with my favorite William Blake quote hand-stamped on it.
“No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings”
The above quote is so simple yet so encouraging that I cannot begin to explain how prominent it is in my life. So often, people tell me I am “flying” too high, but my question is…what is flying too high? Is there such a thing? Well, again in the famous words of William Blake, “no bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.”
So the next time you feel like you are Entangled By the Norm, just think…I am a bird, and these are my wings! I can fly as long and high as my heart desires!
To keep the inspiration and positivity flowing, here are a few more inspiring William Blake quotes.
Fun and random fact: William Blake and I share a birthday…and if that’s not cool, I don’t know what is *wink*
- Great things are done when men and mountains meet. –William Blake
- What is now proved was once only imagined. –-William Blake
- He who binds to himself a joy Does the winged life destroy; But he who kisses the joy as it flies Lives in eternity’s sun rise. —William Blake
- He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star. —William Blake
- I must create a system or be enslaved by another man’s; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. —William Blake