Leopard + Gingham are an unlikely duo. Mixing these patterns creates a trendy, but unique vibe that’s fabulous for the workplace or date night. The trick to rocking this mixed-pattern look is matching tones. The earthy hues of the leopard pants pair so perfectly with the pale yellow and creme of this precious, vintage-inspired blouse.Continue reading “Leopard + Gingham | How to Mix Trendy Patterns”
If there is one thing I absolutely love (other than my Giant Schnauzer), it’s vintage-inspired patterns. They carry such a sweet history that makes me feel like a walking history book *wink*
Brief VIP Fashion History Lesson:
Coming to style in the Middle Ages, brocade was a popular fabric all over the world. The rich and powerful, who lived everywhere from China and Greece to Byzantium and Africa, sported brocade to showcase their nobility and power. During the Italian Renaissance, brocade took the wealthy by storm by embracing renaissance values with a strong and elegant complexity. Moving its way to Europe, brocade’s popularity grew even more, and to this day, it is still (obviously) very popular. For more history click here.
NOW….let’s get down to business.
Ahh..don’t you just love learning about what you’re wearing?! It makes sporting around town EVEN MORE fun! Or…maybe I am just that much of a fashion nerd *wink* BUT that’s beside the point. Let’s take a look at this week’s totally lovely Three Ways to Wear Vintage-Inspired Brocade.
Blouse: Charming Charlie
Skirt: Forever 21
Heels: Kork-Ease, Belk
Bracelet: Reclaimed-Inspired Goods, Johnson City TN
Blouse: Charming Charlie
Skirt: Style Boutique, Bristol TN
Necklace: BluKatDesign, Etsy
Leather cuff: Luke & Lyla Designs
Tassel Bracelet: Reclaimed-Inspire Goods, Johnson City TN
Heels: Kork-Ease, Belk
WOO! Look 3 is on the VIP Instagram. Click here to take a looksy!
Long whistle, short whistle, short whistle, short whistle, short whistle, short whistle, short whistle, long whistle….and whistle some more…Here is a little song I wrote. You might want to sing it for a note. Don’t worry, be happy! Oh, Bobby McFerrin I am very happy! Why? Well, it is time for Weekly Whistle, of course! Oh, Bobby, I am going to have to let you go…I have blog readers awaiting a post! Sing with you later!
Hello, hello, hello, fashionistas! Welcome back to the Vintage Inspired Passionista blog! It is that time of the week again…WEEKLY WHISTLE TIME! Yay! This week’s Weekly Whistle is all about a fabulous floral skirt that I fell in love with at first sight! So, without further ado, I present to you, the VIP’s favorite outfit of the week! *Applause*
Blouse: The Gap
Heels: Belk, Jessica Simpson
- MIX IT UP: Mixing patterns is a spectacular way to step up an outfit! Floral and polka dots play well together and give off a fun and spunky vibe!
- WATERFALL OF PEARLS: Do not be afraid to layer different length pearl necklaces! Doing this will create a chic statement that is perfect for any vintage inspired ensemble! Pearls are like neutral heels, they go with everything!
- PLAY IT UP: A flowy floral skirt does not always have to be dressy! Play it down with a fun graphic sweatshirt and vibrant hue knee high socks for a exciting and comfortable look!
To see three more ways you can work a floral skirt in complete style visit my column @ www.realstorypublishing.com “The Adventures of the VIP” in the LifeStyle section!
Town and Gown Magazine is now online! You can read previous issues @ www.issuu.com/townandgownmagazine
Don’t forget to like the VIP on Facebook to keep up with the latest VIP news, sneak peeks, and more! www.facebook.com/vintageinspiredpassionista
Can you feel it? The spirit is in the air! Pep rallies and tailgating-crowds cheering and cowbells ringing-Oh, my goodness! I am so pumped to get dolled up in school colors and attend the first game of the season. The VIP will be sporting sheer tops, wide-leg trousers, flirty dresses, cute cardigans, and team-colored accessories this football season. Please join me, my sports loving, team supporting fashionistas, on this school spirit fashion adventure as I demonstrate how to dress comfortable and GO TEAM adorable!
Putting together a savvy, team-spirited outfit can be tricky-unless you are one of those guys that paint your chests with various team colors and letters. Then dressing for the game is rather simple and no doubt messy; however, I am no expert on body painting, and it may be rather complicated and time consuming. Don’t you just get a chuckle when you see those guys standing in the wrong order-all the letters out-of-sorts-bless! I digress.
For all the red, white, and blue team out there, I have put together an outfit dedicated to you! The tricky thing about red, white, and blue is not looking too patriotic or American “flagish”. An easy way to maneuver past this is wearing wide-leg blue trousers and a sheer white blouse with a red spaghetti tank underneath. Don’t forget the accessories! Red high heels and a red beaded statement necklace will add a little bit of spice and not July 4th to this outfit!
Maroon and white fans, I have a little something special for you. The trick to carrying off maroon and white or crimson and white is embracing a solid and punching it up with the right accessories. I chose to add spirit to a short in the front, long in the back maroon dress by piling on a mix of black and pearl necklaces and adding a charming bracelet in those same colors. Don’t forget the importance of a darling shoe! White patent wedges are the perfect choice to carry this cowbell ringing outfit from pep rally to a 5th Quarter party!
The VIP Spirit Tips:
For football fans who want to dress fabulously while cheering on your favorite team, these VIP spirit tips are just the ticket for you. Take a look at these tips to see how you can wear team colors with some fashionista VIP flare!
- Go Sheer!: Sheer tops are super easy to spice up by simply adding a team colored tank top underneath for a peek-a-boo effect that screams GO TEAM!
- Go Patterns!: Mix those patterns, my fashionista fans! Combine a two-toned striped cardigan with a polka dot dress for a VIP outfit that will surely win the victory! GO, GO PATTERNS, GO!
- Go Solids!: Let’s hear it for solids! Solids are the quarterback of football season fashion. Paired with the right accessories, your superstar solid will lead you to a fabulous fashion touchdown.
- Go Accessories!: Accessories are the cheerleaders of every fashionista’s game-time wardrobe. They add the right spunk and glam to everything from a cute dress to jeans and a plain, white T-shirt. ACCESSORIES ARE RED HOT, ACCESSORIES ARE RED HOT, ACCESSORIES ARE R-E-D, RED, H-O-T, HOT, RED HOT FAB THAT CAN’T BE STOPPED!
- Go Guys with Body Paint!: I have no advice…because well, as stated earlier, I am no expert on spirit body painting. GO GUYS WITH BODY PAINT!
War Eagle, Hail State, Hotty Toddy, Roll Tide, Geaux Tigers, Go Patriots, DEFENSE, Go Dawgs, fight, fight, fight, V-I-C-T-O-R-Y, two bits, four bits, six bits a dollar, all for VIP, stand up and holler! Oh, there I go again.
Anyway, my game ready ladies and gents, grab your cowbells, pom poms, heels, or body paint and support your favorite team this year…while looking VIP FABULOUS!
Love the VIP? Then follow me on Twitter: @Abbysauce_ and Instagram: @VintagePassionista! You can also like my page on Facebook for exclusive sneak peeks and VIP news you cannot find anywhere else! www.facebook.com/VintageInspiredPassionista
You can read more about the VIP and my fun adventures at www.realstorypublishing.com
Inspiration?? Where?! In Style magazine, that’s where! I was thrilled to discover that between my mom’s closet and mine that I had all the pieces to create my May 2012 In Style inspiration outfits! Ladies and gentlemen…let me have your attention please…the VIP is proud to present my…I mean her…latest outfit creations!
Presenting In Style’s inspiration of Lauren Bacall with a VIP touch!
- Every fashionista should own a classy, white skirt! White skirts can be paired with almost anything! It can be made classic and elegant, or funky and bold…with just a simple change of accesories/shoes!
VIP TIPS: (about hair)
- Embrace your natural hair! If your hair is curly, wear it curly and messy! If your hair is straight, wear it straight:)
- For curly-haired gals like me, I totally recommend Redken Fresh Curls spray gel…it works wonders! It takes care of the frizz while giving the messy, effortless look for which we are all searching. When I purchased mine at Smart Style in Starkville, Mississippi, I snagged a smashingly dandy deal of buy one get one fifty percent off!
- To give your hair a fresh, healthy look, try Ojion damage reverse hair treatment! I am so in love with this product because it took my frizzy, unbehaved hair (remember…I live in the Deep South…the humidity is completely ridiculous!) to soft and manageable!
In Style magazine is a great way to gather inspiration and the motivation to go shopping in your own closet! Let’s face it…we all want that magazine look, but we don’t always have the time to scour our neighborhoods, towns, cities, metropolises for a new wardrobe each month! That is why I want to assign you the homework of studying fashion magazines to obtain inspiration for new outfits…don’t forget to add your own spin to make it you! It’s as easy as one, two, three!:) A B C , Its easy as 1 2 3 , as simple as do re mi…la la la…that’s all the words…I know…blah blah blah, ABC, It’s easy as 1 2 3……….
Stay tuned to www.vintageinspirespassionista.com for a riveting post about how I found inspiration from an ordinary item from the Columbus Spring Pilgrimage!
Here are a few more photographs…Photograph – I don’t want your Photograph – I don’t need your Photograph – All I’ve got is a photograph But it’s not enough…