Today on VIP Home, we are going to chat about one of my absolute favorite artists EVER…Walter Anderson.
When I was little every room in my house had at least one Walter Anderson art piece hanging on the wall, and now…each room definitely has at least two *wink* At ten years of age, my mom gave me my first Walter Anderson…It was the “L Lion” print in memory of my Paw Hathorn. He had given me a stuffed lion when he was in the cancer hospital in Houston, Texas, and told me to always have courage. The “L Lion” print was my first piece of real art, and it made me feel like such a grownup because I had art “like mommy.” Now, every time I look at it, I smile and remember the special times I had with my Paw Hathorn….
Phew…I’m okay…I’m okay…I do not want to cry–or make y’all cry–with stories of the past…So let’s take a look at pictures from the time the family and I visited the Walter Anderson Museum in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. *happy thoughts…happy thoughts*
Oh…taking a look back at the trip to the Walter Anderson Museum has me super inspired! Now, I think I am going to go to Home Depot to gather up some paint samples for the apartment. Hm…which Walter Anderson pieces will inspire my new apartment decor…think, think, think… *wink*
Today was a very exciting day in the Hathorn house as the VIP was on “Talk of Alabama” on ABC 33/40! I barely slept a wink last night…amazing what a little Starbucks in the morning can do for your spirit! Anyway, I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to represent good teens all over the world today as I talked about my blog, why I started the VIP, and of course, spring fashions!
Now that I have had time to calm down and think about the segment…here are ten things I wish I would have said on live TV!
10 Things I Wish I Would Have, Could Have, or Should Have Said on Live TV:
(I am pretending that David Letterman from The Late Show is reading my top ten right now…yes, I would love to be on his show.)
10. The pretty-in-pink Parker dress I wore was buttery soft; such a dream to wear!
9. Sara’s beautiful pastel blue dress is perfect for Easter and the Kentucky Derby!
7. Ziva (my Giant Schnauzer) would have really appreciated a shout out, according to the wonderful welcome I received when I got home!
6. I wish I would have thanked all of my tremendous fans and followers!
5. I wish I would have explained the sponsorship of my blog better…but that is usually the job of my business manager!
4. I wish I would have had time to tell everyone where to find me…
3. I wish I would have answered the question “Where do you see yourself in ten years” better…I cannot think that far in advance very well…BUT in 5 years, I would like to be graduating from college with a degree in mass communications…let’s just say the “10 seconds left” thing freaked me out-no pressure!
2. I wish I could have had more time to explain my top spring 2013 fashion trends…hmm future blog post? I think yes!
1. I definitely should have said “Stay Fabulous”!
If you live outside of Alabama, no need to fear! You can still watch the VIP on TV by clicking here!
Connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for a peek inside my life.