Hello, fashionistas! Welcome to the Vintage Inspired Passionista blog! Today, I will be summarizing the month of January in a nutshell…the best of the VIP…best outfits…best tips…best everything…redundancy! So, come on! Join me as we reminisce the month of January in VIP style!
Ah…January has been quite the humdinger…and February is going to rock! I have many new things to share with y’all….but I do not want to chat about the details right now and ruin the surprise! What I can tell you is tomorrow, I will be kicking off fabulous February with a blog that involves fashion…and a show. That, fashionistas, is all I am going to tell you! Join me tomorrow to discover the super secret awesome blog!
Stay tuned to the Facebook page for more sneak peeks about what is to come in February! www.facebook.com/vintageinspiredpassionista
“Everybody’s doing a brand new dance, now. Come on baby, do the loco-motion. I know you’ll get to like it, if you give it a chance, now. Come on baby, do the loco-motion. My little baby sister can do it with me. It’s easier than learning your ABC’s, so come on, come on, do the loco-motion with me!” What a mega classic! I can remember dancing around in my Barbie pajamas as I sang the “Locomotion” by Little Eva! Speaking of locomotion, according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, “Locomotion is the act or power of moving from place to place.” That definition fits us busy fashionistas perfectly. It is important to have a key piece in our wardrobe that can take us anywhere in a snap because of our full schedules! My top locomotion pick for this season is a fabulous raspberry pink sweater skirt. By changing up and layering, I was able to create two stellar looks-one for work and one for play.
Blouse: The Attic
An outfit perfect for play and totally pretty in pink is a vintage high-collared button up and a darling raspberry hue sweater-knit skirt paired with neutral tone suspenders and retro style sneakers. So fabulous and comfortable, this ensemble works great for looking absolutely ravishing on a quick coffee run, movies with friends, or a day of antiquing!
Sporting an adorable animal motif sweater with a precious pink vintage high collared blouse and a sweater skirt is a marvelous way to look professional, yet fun at the same time! Pair this spectacular ensemble with classic black, closed-toe stilettos and BAM! There you have it! You are ready to go from a day at the office to dinner in a instant!
VIP Tips on Work to Play:
- Purr-fect Sweaters: Animal-motif sweaters are huge right now! “…Pair your sweater with tailored separates in luxe fabrics, such as brocade, leather, or menswear tweed. To add a grown-up edge, opt for suede platforms or booties with a high heel,” says InStyle Magazine, August 2012 issue.
- Playful Hemline!: Find a playful hemline skirt that flatters your figure. When in doubt, choose an A-line skirt! “An A-line is universally flattering,” says Glamour magazine.
- Super Suspenders!: Suspenders to the rescue! Add a throw-back vibe to any skirt or pants outfit with suspenders! Neutral colored suspenders play well with preppy skirts, Bermuda shorts, or slightly relaxed boy-friend jeans for a picture-perfect ensemble. Dare to wear black suspenders with trousers and graphic tees for a funky casual look.
- Statement Piece Magic!: Brooches, chunky bracelets, and unique necklaces are magical for all ensembles! Play up a boring blouse with a gorgeous statement necklace, a business blazer with a lovely brooch, and a flowy dress with bedazzled arm candy! You can easily take any outfit from work to play with the right accessories.
- Let’s Hear it for the Boys!: For work-wear, a patterned shawl cardigan worn with a solid hue long sleeve button up underneath and paired with flat front chinos gives a comfy, yet professional vibe. For play, wear that snazzy patterned shawl cardigan with a graphic band tee and light wash jeans. This outfit is a terrific for a night out with the boys.
Don’t forget to like me on Facebook to keep up with the latest VIP news, sneak peeks, and giveaways! www.facebook.com/vintageinspiredpassionista