Can you feel it? The spirit is in the air! Pep rallies and tailgating-crowds cheering and cowbells ringing-Oh, my goodness! I am so pumped to get dolled up in school colors and attend the first game of the season. The VIP will be sporting sheer tops, wide-leg trousers, flirty dresses, cute cardigans, and team-colored accessories this football season. Please join me, my sports loving, team supporting fashionistas, on this school spirit fashion adventure as I demonstrate how to dress comfortable and GO TEAM adorable!
Putting together a savvy, team-spirited outfit can be tricky-unless you are one of those guys that paint your chests with various team colors and letters. Then dressing for the game is rather simple and no doubt messy; however, I am no expert on body painting, and it may be rather complicated and time consuming. Don’t you just get a chuckle when you see those guys standing in the wrong order-all the letters out-of-sorts-bless! I digress.
For all the red, white, and blue team out there, I have put together an outfit dedicated to you! The tricky thing about red, white, and blue is not looking too patriotic or American “flagish”. An easy way to maneuver past this is wearing wide-leg blue trousers and a sheer white blouse with a red spaghetti tank underneath. Don’t forget the accessories! Red high heels and a red beaded statement necklace will add a little bit of spice and not July 4th to this outfit!
Maroon and white fans, I have a little something special for you. The trick to carrying off maroon and white or crimson and white is embracing a solid and punching it up with the right accessories. I chose to add spirit to a short in the front, long in the back maroon dress by piling on a mix of black and pearl necklaces and adding a charming bracelet in those same colors. Don’t forget the importance of a darling shoe! White patent wedges are the perfect choice to carry this cowbell ringing outfit from pep rally to a 5th Quarter party!
The VIP Spirit Tips:
For football fans who want to dress fabulously while cheering on your favorite team, these VIP spirit tips are just the ticket for you. Take a look at these tips to see how you can wear team colors with some fashionista VIP flare!
- Go Sheer!: Sheer tops are super easy to spice up by simply adding a team colored tank top underneath for a peek-a-boo effect that screams GO TEAM!
- Go Patterns!: Mix those patterns, my fashionista fans! Combine a two-toned striped cardigan with a polka dot dress for a VIP outfit that will surely win the victory! GO, GO PATTERNS, GO!
- Go Solids!: Let’s hear it for solids! Solids are the quarterback of football season fashion. Paired with the right accessories, your superstar solid will lead you to a fabulous fashion touchdown.
- Go Accessories!: Accessories are the cheerleaders of every fashionista’s game-time wardrobe. They add the right spunk and glam to everything from a cute dress to jeans and a plain, white T-shirt. ACCESSORIES ARE RED HOT, ACCESSORIES ARE RED HOT, ACCESSORIES ARE R-E-D, RED, H-O-T, HOT, RED HOT FAB THAT CAN’T BE STOPPED!
- Go Guys with Body Paint!: I have no advice…because well, as stated earlier, I am no expert on spirit body painting. GO GUYS WITH BODY PAINT!
War Eagle, Hail State, Hotty Toddy, Roll Tide, Geaux Tigers, Go Patriots, DEFENSE, Go Dawgs, fight, fight, fight, V-I-C-T-O-R-Y, two bits, four bits, six bits a dollar, all for VIP, stand up and holler! Oh, there I go again.
Anyway, my game ready ladies and gents, grab your cowbells, pom poms, heels, or body paint and support your favorite team this year…while looking VIP FABULOUS!
Love the VIP? Then follow me on Twitter: @Abbysauce_ and Instagram: @VintagePassionista! You can also like my page on Facebook for exclusive sneak peeks and VIP news you cannot find anywhere else! www.facebook.com/VintageInspiredPassionista
You can read more about the VIP and my fun adventures at www.realstorypublishing.com